The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts from the fields of computer vision and robotics that are working on humanoid robots with vision as one of the primary modalities. Topics of interest include and are not limited to:
I am co-organizing the First IEEE Workshop on Computer Vision for Humanoids in conjunction with ICCV Conference in Kyoto, Japan. This workshop will be held on September 27, 2009. (9:30am – 6:00pm).
- Visual Learning in Robots
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Grasping and Manipulation
- Learning by Demonstration
- Task Learning for Robots
- Activity Recognition and Discovery for Robot
- Humanoid Navigation in Real Environments
- Vision Devices and Systems for Robot Applications
- Application of Humanoid Robots (Indoor/Outdoor, Entertainment)
This is the first attempt at a workshop that crosses from Humanoids Research to Computer Vision Research.
The workshop includes six invited talks and an open poster session, where all participants are expected to present a poster describing their recent work.
Location: Kyoto University, Faculty of Engineering Bldg.#3, 2F, Room W201, in conjunction with ICCV.